Applications invited to join BWFCC Board of Governance
One position available
Bubup Womindjeka Family and Children’s Centre is a not for profit, community run organisation providing integrated services to the Port Melbourne community.
Our family focus and inclusive community support the development of engaged, capable and confident young learners. In addition to our core services of the Early Years Program (long day care and kindergarten) and sessional kindergarten programs, we offer:
• Parent led, educator supported playgroups
• Children’s clothes exchange
• Emergency pantry
• Parent education sessions
• On site consultations with star health child development team
• Maternal and child health (provided by City of Port Philip)
• Privately-operated French language kindergarten.
We are seeking a board member with knowledge and leadership experience in the education sector, preferably early childhood education and care. The Board of Governance is appointed and aims to be skill-based.
The ideal candidate has an early childhood education or similar qualification, experience in education and care, integrated service planning and delivery, and/or developing/implementing/interpreting/advocating for ECEC policy and funding, not-for-profit leadership and/or board governance. They would also be keen to add their expertise to board insight, oversight and foresight, to contribute to strategic thinking and service development, and advise on best practice and risk mitigation.
• Enthusiasm for BWFCC’s vision and commitment to our values
• Time to be an active board member (Board meets monthly, each board member is on at least one board committee, other work between meetings)
• A strong interest in supporting centre governance to enable effective operations
• Ability to develop good working relationships